Test and Commissioning Technician
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: £25.00Ltd plus £1.00 Per Hour RETAINER
Shifts: Predominantly days with the flexibility to work weekends when required
Hours per week: Minimum 50 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Minimum 12 Month’s
Are a global leader in Rolling Stock vehicle manufacturing, service and maintenance.
You will be part of a small technical team, you will be required to undertake mechanical & electrical maintenance, detailed fault finding and repair on the fleet of Stadler Flirt vehicles. Successful candidates would be expected to be able to complete all repairs and maintenance (both electrically and mechanically) to the new fleet of hi-tech vehicles. All of these repairs must be to the high safety critical standards.
The candidate would be expected to complete the below amongst other tasks:
• Train preparation checks
• Braking tests
• Helping with detailed fault finding and diagnostics
• Tests and repairs on the HVAC systems
• Repairs and calibrations to door systems
• Wi-Fi and CCTV testing
• Re-wires and electrical component changes
• GSMR mods
• Mechanical component changes
• Down load train data from on board train data recorders using laptops
• Run diagnostics software to identify faults with various train systems i.e. hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, train management systems & on board computers.
• System software updates as required
• Production of affirmative closing actions
• Contribution to Health and Safety on a daily basis.
• 2 years experience within Rail desirable
• You will be a highly self-motivated individual, able to work under your own initiative
• You will possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Experience within Rail desirable
• Use of Laptop’s and diagnostic tools to determine faults
• Ability to work from maintenance manuals and schematics
• Experience of Mechanical or Electrical fault finding
• Experience of Mechanical or Electrical repairs
• Completion of a recognised apprenticeship or a Minimum NVQ Level 3 in an electrical discipline.
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION.
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client
£35k - £45k Annual
£25k - £29k Annual
£12 - £14.5 Hourly