Senior Quality Engineer, Thermoformed Packaging – East Midlands
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
With an impressive reputation for delivering superb quality in the creation of packaging with an environmental conscience and of minimal size and weight, they are a globally thinking & operating Company that works with customers in diverse verticals across the world, accommodating a huge range of specifications, demands and styles, whilst always engineering to maximise revenue, reduce cost & increase speed to market.
Each market sector has rules, regulations and customs that they must constantly evolve their developed base of experience in both Quality systems management & sector accreditation conformity, in order to provide the most suitable packaging for all of their customers, whatever their line of business.
Supervising the site Quality department function on an operational level, your main duties encompass;
• Supervise all aspects relating to the provision of customer standards regarding product quality.
• Effectively manage all internal and external non-conformities utilizing best practice methodologies.
• Communicate with Customers and Suppliers as required to ensure quality standards are maintained at a level that offers customer satisfaction at all times.
• Manage compliance with regulatory requirements and Company standards.
• Collate, analyse and review cost of quality for the Nottingham site and effectively implement counter measures where required. Report summary of the same monthly to the Group QHSE Manager.
• Host third party audits and manage countermeasure response where identified.
• Define and implement the day to day working of the QMS and EMS against all current certifications.
• Supervise team resource to ensure compliance with product standards and documented procedures and policies.
• Devolve training where required or appropriate.
• Implement and supervise the Company internal systems audit function.
• Utilize recognized methods to develop and champion a continuous improvement philosophy across the site.
• Advise and participate on the Company objective to continually drive standards of manufacturing excellence within the organization.
• Ensure that the Company’s performance regarding quality and customer service is objectively communicated and continuously reviewed and improved.
With day to day responsibility for Quality, Environmental Management Systems and Certification at their Nottingham site, you’ll also provide technical quality assistance and support to both customers and the in-house team to proactively drive problem elimination & corrective actions, ideally drawing upon comprehensive experience of implementing/managing ISO 9000 / 14000 / 13485, but most importantly, you will have the proven ability to drive awareness & positive quality conformance in line with Group policies & strategy.
You must have significant demonstrable experience in a regulated manufacturing environment (in Medical Device, Food Packaging or Automotive), ideally with Cleanroom manufacturing experience and a proven record of Quality Engineering management. You will have a developed ability to communicate highly effectively (both written and orally) to all levels of management, customers and different cultural backgrounds, ideally accustomed to using Quality Tools such as benchmarking, gap analysis, Pareto analysis, Fish-bone diagrams and process mapping for fact based decision making.
Working independently and proactively, you will be a strong leader and team Manager, possessing excellent hands on manufacturing interface & problem solving skills, demonstrating excellent communication skills and a clear ability to negotiate and influence at all levels.
With a robustness of character that can consistently drive effective change, you will be comfortable & effective working in highly pressurised environments with ever changing and often conflicting priorities
This is an important role within an evolving & fantastic Global Business that is highly regarded by it’s peers, so demands an individual with clear ambition, an impressive array of experience and a robustness of personality & character that can consistently drive effective conformance, change & impact within the remit
£29.7k - £29.7k Annual
£31k - £50k Annual
£11.1 - £12.9 Hourly
£30k - £45k Annual