Data Centre Maintenance Supervisor
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
A leading maintenance service provider is currently looking to recruit an engineering supervisor for one of their large data centre contracts based in Hertfordshire.
The company are steadily growing and one of the market leaders within commercial maintenance and this is an excellent opportunity to work on one of their most prestigious contracts.
The role will be dealing with running the engineering team in a "hands-on" position, and reporting into both engineering and account manager.
The supervisor will also be expected to lead the engineering team to provide the technical support that is required to maintain and monitor the building services infrastructure of the Data Centre.
The package is as follows:
* Salary 43-46K
* 25 days holiday
* On site parking
The main duties of the role are as follows:
* Ensure the team are monitoring the BMS and provide appropriate responses upon alarm activations.
* Ensure the site team provide first line response to all building services infrastructure on site and escalate to third party specialist contractors where specialist knowledge and skills are required.
* Ensure all works on site are carried out in line with the appropriate safe system of works and permit system.
* Responsible for ensuring all sub-contractors working in operational areas are supervised to work within the agreed limitation of their work permits.
* Assist the Site Management Team as requested, including the provision of technical information for reports.
* Co-ordinate the management of incidents and produce and issue building incident reports.
* Operate processes and work within site specific standard operating procedures.
* Undertake duties as required as a HV Authorised Person in all aspects required in the operation of an operational facility, from safe isolations to issuing of permits to work.
* Co-ordinate plant start-ups and shutdowns after major maintenance activities or post repair.
* Ensure successful completion of planned and reactive maintenance on the building services infrastructure, utilising the CMMS systems.
* Provide the Technical Support to the team ensuring that the site is run safely, efficiently and in line with industry best practice and to relevant compliance standards; carrying out audits and checks.
Applicants for the role must be able to meet the following criteria:
* Recognized formal Electrical or Mechanical training (City and Guilds etc).
* Knowledge of Operation of Critical Building infrastructure (Electrical, Mechanical and Building Fabric)
* AP15 course and experience as an HV Authorized Person
* People management preferably with experience of managing multi-disciplined teams.
* Significant experience as a building service engineer within a modern Data Centre environment for a large organization.
* Working as part of a team.
* Undertaking multi-discipline critical engineering tasks.
* Computer literate with a good standard of IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft business packages.
* Experience user of CMMS computer systems.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong understanding of LV and HV electrical systems, Data hall cooling/humidity, Systems monitoring, UPS and generator systems, Electrical installation and safe systems of work.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
£35 - £40 Hourly
£40k - £50k Annual
£25.5k - £28.5k Annual
£35k - £60k Annual