Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Aviva's Trading team, covering the North of England region, is looking for a Trading Manager to lead a high-energy team of 17 underwriting professionals from our office in Leeds. In this job, you will direct your team to success through effective mentoring and maximising performance. You'll also take ownership for the development of relationships with brokers, growing existing business and acting on opportunities to increase revenue and profit.
As a highly motivated and dynamic individual who likes to lead by example, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your commitment to continuous improvement and performance management. There will be significant targets so an ability to drive growth is essential.
What will you do in this role?
* Drive an ambitious, high performance culture that celebrates success and learns quickly from mistakes
* Work with brokers to understand what matters to them, build connections and increase profitable revenue from new and existing business
* Work with the team to identify revenue opportunities and regularly review account performance
* Understand and utilise the measures used to monitor and improve business & individual performance
* Develop an understanding of the overall business performance and chip in with strategies and plans for achievements
* Assess current and future demand and build plans to develop underwriting capability that can meet this
* Ensure that team members have development plans to support their technical and behavioural progression
* Effectively communicate a clear business strategy and vision to your team and keep everyone informed with their performance against the plan
What skills and experience do you need?
* Commercial experience developed in the insurance industry
* A strong knowledge of the underwriting sector - experience in this area would be useful but is not necessary as long as you understand the subject matter
* Excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and deliver significant results with a positive attitude
* Operational and performance management experience that has allowed you to gain a good grasp on profit & loss, data management and value & waste
* Phenomenal relationship management and communication capabilities
* IT skills - confident using various systems and can learn how to use new technologies quickly if needed
* To be open and honest in your approach; accustomed to taking ownership for your work and guiding team members to do the same
What will you get for this role?
* Annual salary of £38,000 - £53,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for free
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Megan Douglas in the Resourcing team on (phone number removed) or (url removed)
£40k - £42k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual