Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
In addition, this is a thrilling time to join the Aviva defined benefits solutions Strategic Deal Team. With continued market growth as defined benefit pension scheme trustees and employers de-risk their balance sheets, the bulk annuity business is a key area of growth for Aviva. We believe our brand, financial strength, asset origination capability and pricing advantage and corporate relationships offering as well as our in-house administration perfection, ideally place us to be a partner of choice for our clients.
We are looking for new talent to develop and implement de-risking solutions for defined benefit pension schemes, collaborating across the wider Aviva network and delivering compelling, commercial results for the client and Aviva. We hope you will to be highly motivated with the drive to challenge and influence what we do and ensure we meet our goals.
What are the duties & responsibilities?
* Supporting Senior Pricing Analysts and Pricing Managers in the development and implementation of de-risking solutions with defined benefit pension schemes. The role holder will primarily focus on working with larger/more complex transactions but will be expected to support our smaller core deal team as required by the business
* Take ownership of manipulating scheme data, managing associated queries, carrying out mortality experience investigations and producing accurate cashflow projections in order to price bulk annuity deals
* Collaborating with other teams across the Aviva network to ensure accurate allowance of key components which form part our pricing strategy
* Ensuring deal prices are accurate and commercially priced in line with Aviva pricing and governance processes and delivered to agreed timescales
* Supporting the preparation of internal governance documentation and presentation materials
* Challenging, influencing and developing processes and systems
* This role will require flexible working hours due to the nature of this business
What skills & experiences do we require from you?
* Be a part qualified actuary making excellent progress through the exams or equivalent actuarial/technical experience (full study support will be provided to those progressing towards an FIA qualification)
* Have strong knowledge of UK Defined Benefit pensions and legislation
* Experience of bulk annuity modelling and pricing an advantage; more general knowledge of actuarial cash flow modelling and experience of sense checking essential
* Proven ability to apply technical actuarial and commercial judgement.
* Strong communication skills; ability to present technical information clearly and build relationships with internal/external customers
What will you get for this role?
* A competitive salary of £35,000 to £55,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on (phone number removed) or (url removed)
£40k - £46k Annual
£50k - £54k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£500 - £650 Daily