Junior Maintenance Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Castle Donington
Shift Pattern: Mon-Fri, DAYS (Some flexibility required)
Key Skills: Maintenance, Electrical Engineering, PLC, Automation, Warehousing
This organisation has a proven track record of 40 years within the automation industry. They provide integrated sorting, handling and tracking systems for baggage, letters & parcels; their material handling systems use the cross-belt technology and they work with customers to develop tailored material handling solutions for their customers via never-ending emphasis on innovation. This is your chance to be part of a growing and expanding business unit that is diverse with a fantastic team of people and the opportunity to grow with it.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Initially you will learn and apply basic mechanical / electrical maintenance procedures as you get to know the equipment and working environment.
* Providing efficient repair/improvements for machinery/equipment
* Reactive maintenance ensuring minimal downtime to machinery
* Perform root-cause analysis on faults and take a preventative approach to future potential issues
* Carry out planned maintenance and keep the maintenance software up to date suggesting improvements where necessary
* Respond promptly to reactive breakdown requirements and requests.
* Daily administration duties to be carried out.
* Over time you will learn TPM procedures and help run these practices within the business.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required:
* Have previous experience in an engineering role
* Enjoy learning new skills with mechanical and electrical equipment who also has an aptitude from problem solving.
* Seeking a career within maintenance/field support to multi-skilled discipline.
* Passion and desire to progress your skills and abilities
* Apprenticeship / HNC / HND / ONC level qualifications within an engineering discipline would be preferred but is not essential
Cordius Recruitment team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates
£29k - £33k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual