IT Service Desk Team Leader
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
The IT Service Desk Team Leader will lead and develop the IT Service Desk Team enabling them to fulfil their objective of delivering exceptional customer service and timely resolution to customers’ incident and requests in accordance with best practice ITIL standards.
Day to day duties
• To lead the IT Service Desk team and exemplify the principles of excellent customer service, productivity, performance, efficiency and responsiveness.
• Lead and contribute to an ambitious and rapid programme of change within the department, improving response times to targeted levels and increasing productivity.
• To monitor and report on the IT Service Desk Team’s performance using complex analytical tools to measure SLA’s & KPI’s, whilst at the same time working towards the continual improvement of IT policies and procedures.
• Analyse performance report data to identify trends and use this information to instigate process and procedure change to eliminate and prevent repeating events.
• Ensure operational readiness plans for new services are documented, implemented and tested where required including handover, training and transition plans.
• Continually monitor and audit compliance with policy and procedures to prevent local practices degrading system effectiveness.
• To provide supervision and direct line management to the IT Service Desk Team.
• Manage the recruitment, selection and training of all IT Service Desk members.
• Manage daily and weekly shift rotas, employee absence, employee probation, performance management, personal development planning and reviews for all team members.
Skills and experience required -
Degree educated, or equivalent IT experience
Qualification in IT support eg. CompTIA A+. Certification in hardware support (desirable)
Qualification in Customer Service/Telephone Training (desirable)
ITIL Foundation v.3 (desirable)
Extensive experience in IT Service Management eg. ITIL Models of Service and Service Desk Applications.
Experience of operating within Service Level Agreements and following working policies and procedures
Use of Service Management and Helpdesk software
This role is inside the scope of IR35 and will pay between £17.53 to £20.67 p/h PAYE or £21.75 to £27.18 p/h Umbrella
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application
£30k - £35k Annual
£25 - £30 Hourly
£35k - £35k Annual
£28k - £33k Annual