Systems Architect - Engineering
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence. They are committed to innovation and the continual pursuit of improvement, and with a brand holding over 100 years of service they are now developing their technology capabilities, venturing into new markets and building their customer base further.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a System Architect for a 12 Month contract based in Bristol
Systems Architects are responsible for the architectural definition of new concept systems and products, required by our Defence business, including Aerospace and Marine.
As a System Architect you will create optimal architectures for complex systems, eg the function/logical/physical (Model-Based Systems Engineering) solution that satisfies the customer’s overall requirement for a product. Activities include generating the Systems Architecture models that meet top-level requirements, flow-down top-level requirements to sub-system areas, and analysing and optimising system-level architectures.
* Define the problem space, generating system level concepts and support concept selection
* Development of architectural concepts that meet top-level requirements
* Flow-down top-level requirements to sub-system areas
* Work with and integrate across sub-systems to define optimised system-level architectures
* Represent the business in external discussions with partners and customers
* Lead development and use of Systems Architecture best practice across Future Programmes
Qualifications & Skills:
* You will be educated to degree level in a STEM subject and/ or have experience in a relevant engineering environment (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or Controls). Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered
* Sound knowledge of requirements management including determining, managing & flowing system level requirements, understanding requirements from different viewpoints and impact of change.
* Experience in the architecture and design of systems using Systems Engineering principals, including the use of Robust Design techniques to achieve optimum solutions for the system of interest.
* Familiar with digital tools for design, analysis and automation of design processes, e.g. MBSE (Model-Based Systems Engineering)
* Ability to work accurately and at pace
* Good written and inter-personal skills.
Candidates should be highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills, problem-solving ability and capable of systems level thinking, including personal drive, excellent communication and presentation skills, and will need to contribute effectively in a team environment. Candidates will be expected to take the lead in identifying project requirements, specifying and executing packages of work.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply as soon as possible. This role will close soon so dont miss out
£27.3k - £27.3k Annual
£18 - £18 Hourly
£35k - £40k Annual