Structural Systems Design Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence. They are committed to innovation and the continual pursuit of improvement, and with a brand holding over 100 years of service they are now developing their technology capabilities, venturing into new markets and building their customer base further.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Structural Systems Design Engineer for a 12 month contract based in Bristol
Structural Systems Design Engineers are responsible for understanding, analysing and defining/underwriting the static, vibratory and extreme event behaviour of structural systems including whole engine structural modelling, rotor dynamics and balancing.
Structural System Design Engineers reside either in the Defence capability core team or are deployed in Defence Programmes. The deployed Structural System Design population are members of Defence Programmes teams with deliverables ranging from New Product Introduction to Production and In-Service Engine support. The capability core develops, deploys and maintains tools, methods and processes and provides coaching to support the deployed Structural System Design population.
* Deliver Defence Programme commitments on time, cost and quality
* Perform Structural System Design modelling and analysis in order to define/underwrite the product
* Apply appropriate tools and methods, ranging from hand calculations to analytical design space exploration/optimisation, with an emphasis on simplicity
* Collaborate effectively with Product, Product System, Sub-System and core teams
* Identify opportunities for improvement in tools, methods and processes and support capability core team in development and deployment of enhanced capability
* Communicate technical information effectively with Programme and core teams in written and presentation form
Skills / Experience:
* You will be educated to degree level in a STEM subject and/ or have experience in a relevant engineering environment (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or Controls). Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered.
* Experience in static and dynamic finite element modelling and analysis (e.g. NASTRAN, NX, Hyperworks) and rotor balancing is highly desirable
* You will be a capable technical communicator in written and presentation forms
* It is desirable for you to be a Chartered Engineer or hold an affiliate/associate membership of a relevant professional body, or be working towards Chartered/Incorporated status
* A broad understanding of Gas Turbine physical and functional characteristics would be advantageous
Candidates should be highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills, problem-solving ability and capable of systems level thinking, including personal drive, excellent communication and presentation skills, and will need to contribute effectively in a team environment. Candidates will be expected to take the lead in identifying project requirements, specifying and executing packages of work.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now
£40k - £55k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual