Systems Design Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence. They are committed to innovation and the continual pursuit of improvement, and with a brand holding over 100 years of service they are now developing their technology capabilities, venturing into new markets and building their customer base further.
On behalf of this organisation, we are looking for multiple System Design Engineers for 12 month contracts based in Bristol.
System, Sub-System & Component Design Engineers are responsible for the definition of new and existing products across the Defence product base, including aerospace and marine.
As a Design Engineer, you will create innovative world-class designs that operate at the extremes of technology and deliver solutions that satisfy customer requirements by balancing product attributes, working with multi-disciplinary teams and using design tools such as PLM (Product Lifecycle Management), CAD and DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis). Your solutions need to be cost-effective, align to project milestones and take into account the full product lifecycle (e.g. manufacture, assembly, operation, repair, test and disposal).
* Collaborating across Engineering Disciplines, including Verification, Manufacturing and Services.
* Ensuring design solutions are tolerant of the environment in which they operate.
* Use systems engineering, robust design, optimisation, integration and innovation tools and processes to achieve the solutions.
* Definition of the mechanical and functional system, sub-systems and components to meet customers' requirements, response to arising issues identified during validation and support to in-service operation of the existing system and sub-systems.
* Technical ownership of the solutions throughout the technical approval process.
Qualifications & Skills:
* You will be educated to degree level in a STEM subject and/ or have experience in a relevant engineering environment (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or Controls). Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered- Experience with electrical machinery (desirable)
* Familiar with digital design tools for 3D design, analysis and automation of design processes
* Ability to work accurately and at pace
* Good written and inter-personal skills.
Candidates should be highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills, problem-solving ability and capable of systems level thinking, including personal drive, excellent communication and presentation skills, and will need to contribute effectively in a team environment. Candidates will be expected to take the lead in identifying project requirements, specifying and executing packages of work.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply asap