Building Services Engineer - Electrical bias
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
My client is a world class designer and manufacturer, with an excellent reputation.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced Building Services Engineer, to work with the Facilities, Health & Safety and Maintenance departments, to ensure the delivery of a high level of service. You will have previous experience in Facilities Hard Service or in a Building Services Maintenance role, preferably within a manufacturing environment
The Role: Building Services Engineer - Electrical bias- days
* Conduct PPM’s to the maintenance programme (AHUs, water systems, A/C units)
* Monitor BMS, lighting systems
* Regularly monitor the company’s fire system.
* Adhere to L8 regulations, Legionella checks and maintenance of appropriate log sheet.
* Maintain and check AHU’s and A/C units regularly in order to provide comfortable working environments.
* Manage and supervise Facilities contractors while operating on site.
* To undertake electrical and mechanical fault diagnostics
* Undertake repairs to a wide variety of building and domestic services plant, infrastructure and building fabric, fixtures and fittings.
* Maintain outside plant areas i.e. Boiler room, compressors, chillers and roof drainage systems.
* Monitor and maintain the water harvesting system on site,
* General Site maintenance i.e. plumbing, carpentry and painting.
* Support and Work with maintenance department on new equipment/plant installation as well as equipment, plant, workstation moves within the company
* Work with IT and maintenance, in regards to installation/modifications to Power, Air and IT cable connections
Skills /Qualifications / Experience: Building Services Engineer - Electrical bias - days
* Building fabric and electrical / mechanical technician with at least 2 years' experience.
* Electrical & Mechanical qualifications ideally
* Knowledge of humidity and temperature control within the work space is essential
* Plumbing experience
* IEMA Certificate preferred
* L8 Legionella Control
* Health and Safety Qualification
* IPAF trained and Certified to operate Mobile Vertical (Scissorlift) and Mobile Boom (Cherrypicker) equipment – ideally
* Self-driven, determined to do a good job and have a good work ethic.
* Adaptable and flexible - willing to go the extra mile.
This is a day role - Monday – Friday
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates