Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
We have been instructed to recruit for a freelance Section Engineer for one of the biggest civils projects in the South West, the Hinckley Point C. The sections of works you will be undertaking include overseeing civil & structural engineering works and precast reinforced concrete construction. so your previous background in these areas will stand you in good stead for the work which you will be undertaking.
The Section Engineer’s key responsibilities would include:
• Assisting the Sub Agent on the precast works section.
• Amending and writing method statements and risk assessments
• Managing and coordinating the subcontractors and site engineers
• Carrying out quality inspections as required
• Liaison between the Sub Agent and client on site
• Produce ITPs and as builds
• Planning weekly and monthly programmes
As an experienced Section Engineer, you may be looking for your next career move and this contract position is a prime opportunity to work on multiple civils disciplines and obtain excellent experience from two of the UK’s leading contractors.
If you believe you can undertake the responsibilities of this position, you will also need to demonstrate:
• Previously worked as a Site, Section or Senior Engineer
• Reinforced Concrete / FRC or Pre-Cast concrete works
• Have experience and competent in quality assurance and writing method statements and risk assessments
• Completed construction related degree or HNC
• Hold a valid CSCS certification
As this is a long-term contract position, we are keen to hear from suitable candidates from throughout the UK and Ireland. If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV to register your interest.
You will also enjoy the support of CarmichaelUK who can help with CSCS, PTS and Lucas tests and also provide our temporary workers with a weekly payroll