Graduate Design Technician (NPD)
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
£23,000 to £27,000 DOE + Holiday + Bank Holiday + Pension
Monday to Friday EARLY FINISH FRIDAY
Graduate Design Technician required for a growing manufacturer who are renowned internationally for their products. They offer an extremely varied role within a busy work environment.
The successful candidate will hold a degree in product design/mechanical engineering or equivalent. Applicants with a placement year of industrial or professional experience will have a considerable advantage. Applicants must be familiar with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks design packages.
The role itself is interesting and varied. Working within the New Product Development team you will work on conceptual design and remodification of components for large assemblies that are supplied on a global basis. There is a mixture of 2D and 3D design work and you will work on multiple projects at a time. You will assist the pre-production department with design alterations at the prototype phase before the products are rolled out for mass manufacture.
This is a fantastic opportunity to obtain a varied role. You will have exposure to working with a range of materials and manufacturing practices. The company are well renowned in their industry and offer a stable role with opportunities to progress your skills.
* Conceptual & Re-modification Design
* 2D and 3D design using AutoCAD and SolidWorks
* 70% Office based, 30% Shop Floor based
* Liaising across departments
* Will ideally hold a Product Design or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent
* Applicants will ideally have some industrial/professional experience
* Will ideally have experience with SolidWorks and AutoCAD
* Non-Graduates with other relevant qualifications and/or relevant work experience are also encouraged to apply
£40k - £55k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual