Software Support / Test Analyst (Graduate)
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Miller Waite specializes in functional financial applications and process automation. We design and develop mission-critical applications using a structured appraised approach, supported by an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System. The Company is well established, secure, stable and successful.
We are searching for a graduate who will join our customer support team with this entry level role.
Any experience as a software support analyst or application support analyst would be highly desirable as would any knowledge of SQL (though training will be given). You should have excellent communication skills, love problem solving and fixing issues, and be a quick learner.
You will have a natural aptitude when it comes to building rapport with internal and external stakeholders. You will quickly identify and solve issues independently and you must know when to escalate them to the second line of support.
In order to gain a full understanding of the extensive scope of our software applications your time will be split between product testing and support testing on our in-house products as well as testing ongoing R & D / prototyping.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who demonstrates outstanding attention to detail and has a passion for perfecting all aspects of the user experience of our in-house developed applications.
You will be the first line of support which is done via telephone, email, live web chat and remote screen sessions.
Key duties include:
* Assisting customers with the resolution of any issues within a reasonable response time.
* Logging all communications and customer support cases via an internal CRM system.
* Assisting with customer adoption and education - advising on product functionality.
* Passing any customer feedback onto the development team.
* Product testing against specification.
* Data preparation and verification for importing / exporting between systems.
Essential skills and requirements
We are searching for candidates who:
* Demonstrate strong IT literateness.
* Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels.
* Have high levels of attention to detail in all aspects of their work.
* Are organised, with the ability to prioritise their workload, and to multitask effectively.
* Have a sound understanding of various operating systems and browsers, including troubleshooting skills.
* An understanding database design and SQL would be desirable.
* Customer support for software/hardware would be desirable.
* A technical / business / finance related degree would be preferable.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and forward-thinking individual. If you feel you are suitable or would like to discuss this opportunity further, please apply via email
£50k - £60k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual