Senior Principal Structural Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
This is a unique opportunity to join an internationally recognised company delivering leading edge solutions on a variety of UK and International military systems. As a Senior Principal Structural Engineer you will apply your skills and experience to deliver critical advice on the structural performance of military systems. In a work environment where staff welfare and development is considered a priority there will be ample opportunity to stretch your skills and responsibilities to match your career potential.
- In negotiation with the Chief Structural Engineer provide a clear definition on the analysis needed to verify the structural integrity of missile systems and equipment.
- Apply appropriate and recognised analysis methods (e.g. hand calculations, finite element analysis) to approve and justify the design and structural integrity of weapon systems against their performance and environmental requirements.
- Define all structural analysis tasks required to support design and structural performance decisions.
- Provide clear requirements on the trials needed to verify the structural integrity of equipment and systems and guide trials teams in the delivery of this work.
- Work with the Group and Team Leads to ensure projects are appropriately resourced.
- Inspire and implement processes within your projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of project delivery.
- Be the main point of contact with internal and external customers, stakeholders and suppliers on assigned projects.
- Manage the delivery of work through individuals and teams that you may oversee.
- Coach and support project team members in the delivery of project work.
- Disseminate your skills and knowledge to help grow the capability of the Mechanical Analysis Group.
What’s in it for you?
- Fulfilling work that will stretch and grow your technical knowledge and competencies.
- Extensive opportunities to develop and build your networks and reputation across collaborating areas of MBDA (e.g. Mechanical/Electrical Design, Environmental Engineering, Aerodynamics, Aircraft Integration).
- On-going assistance to help you develop your skills and knowledge through both structured and ‘on the job’ training opportunities.
- A choice of career development paths allowing you to develop either as a technical expert, technical lead or line manager.
- Working for a company that places a strong emphasis on looking after the welfare and development of its staff.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a highly motivated group with a strong desire to constantly strive to improve its effectiveness and influence across MBDA.
- The group has a great team ethos and a strong emphasis is placed on creating a supportive and fulfilling environment in which people feel valued and encouraged to achieve their full potential.
- The group is responsible for generating certification evidence and reviewing and accepting supplier compliances. Its work is pivotal to the certification of UK military systems.
- With a range of skill sets across all fields of structural and thermal analysis, you will have extensive opportunity to develop in various technical fields.
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified in a subject relevant to the role or substantial demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Previous responsibility clearing the structural integrity of systems and equipment.
- Experience leading and managing analysis teams and the delivery of projects.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with a sound fundamental knowledge of structural analysis using hand calculations and Finite Element methods, etc.
- Experience applying numerical based tools (e.g. Hypermesh, OptiStruct, Radioss, LS-Dyna, Mathcad, Nastran, Patran, Adams, ABAQUS etc.) to investigate and analyse problems.
- Relevant experience in an equivalent or comparable industry.
- Individuals that are determined self-motivated and can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
£45k - £60k Annual