IT Application Support Analyst (LIMS)
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to support our Laboratory team based in Bedford, Bedfordshire.
The Application Support Analyst is responsible for the provision of application related project delivery and support activities including maintenance, administration, and second line support. They will work closely with the central Service Desk to provide second line operational support and to ensure timely and efficient resolution of application-related incidents and service requests.
* Provide 3rd level support, resolving application-related incidents, service requests and problems in a timely and efficient manner in line with Business requirements.
* Maintain our production and test instances of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), through application of system upgrades, configuration changes, and development lifecycle.
* Provide report writing services using SQL, SSRS, Excel, and any other tools necessary.
* Liaise with systems software developers on all matters relating including system support, configuration, deployment, training and development.
* Fulfil the DBA function to ensure that backups & maintenance plans are configured, management of the database ensuring that data protection legislation & policies are adhered to.
* Employ appropriate application maintenance, support and incident management processes and procedures to support and maintain applications, and to investigate and resolve application-related incidents.
* Monitor the availability, performance and throughput of supported applications.
* Prioritise and schedule assigned support activities and tasks.
* Maintain application support technical documentation.
* Usage of the Service Management Tool (ITSM) to record and manage incidents in accordance with processes and within SLAs. Using an ITIL framework, providing in-depth technical support within SLAs.
* Work with the Change Managers to review and impact new business requirements.
* Contribute to technical aspects of key change documentation such as business requirements, change impact assessments, change implementation plans, change tickets, change roll-out plans etc.
* Implement, test and monitor required application changes in line with change implementation plans.
Education and experience
* Previous experience of implementing, configuring and supporting systems in a commercial environment
* Experience of installing, configuring developing & deploying SQL Reporting Service (SSRS) reports with the ability to add custom VB when required
* Excellent T-SQL skills, working with Schemas, Views, Functions, Procedures & configuring DB user permissions
* Configuring website security and site set up in IIS (7’5)
* Experience in Database Administration - backups & maintenance plans, management of the database for multiple environments & transaction log management.
* Excellent understanding of ITIL service management processes - ITIL Foundation Qualification
* Minimum 3 years Technology Support experience in a 1st or 2nd tier role.
* Experience of using an ITSM / Service Management tool.
Our benefits include:
25 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group disability scheme, Share incentive scheme, Life assurance, Cycle to work scheme.
About RPS Group
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy
£35k - £45k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£25k - £32k Annual