Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Roles and Responsibilities:
Minimum experience and or qualifications required:
* The Quality Engineer would provide positive leadership on quality matters within the Site Project Teams and promote the adoption of best practice to promote a culture that delivers positive commitment to quality and engages all employees in continuous improvement.
* To monitor and report on the effectiveness of the quality management system and to make recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
* To ensure project activities comply with relevant procedures and QA requirements.
* Accountable to the Project Portfolio Manager, with functional responsibilities to Investment Delivery Quality Lead.
* Compile a Surveillance Plan to address Quality related risks associated with the project portfolio.
* Carrying out surveillances to the agreed plan of Project and Contractor Quality Plans, policies & procedures.
* Reviewing, commenting on and assisting with the mark-up of Quality Plans, Quality Programmes and Project Definition Documents as part of the IDP process.
* Assisting Project Managers in carrying out surveillance and inspection visits to manufacturers and subcontractors on or off site as required.
Acting as team champion for Quality Assurance by...
* Being first point of contact with Station QA Group.
* Ensuring the project activities comply with Corporate Quality standards & procedures.
* Acting as first point of contact for advice on Quality Plans and Quality arrangements.
* Assisting Project Managers in establishing quality management arrangements at the beginning of a project and maintaining them through the project life cycle.
* Maintaining awareness of relevant procedures and disseminating information on requirements, changes and updates by establishing and maintaining links with Investment Delivery Quality Lead and the Quality Peer Group.
* Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities within the Quality Management System.
* Assisting in maintaining supplier & contractor quality arrangements; including monitoring of their plans, method statements and other procedures.
* Monitoring and supporting change management including technical queries and concessions.
* Maintaining and logging of surveillance close outs, non-conformities and associated trend analysis.
* Complete a monthly report on quality performance identifying good practices and any deteriorating trends to the PPM and the ID QA Process Lead.
* Supporting the PPM with governance checks on the quality aspects of Gate approval submissions under the IDP process.
* Assisting with document control issues, including project management.
* Nuclear stations experience preferred
* Demonstrated proficiency in auditing and surveillance of client and contractor activities.
* Should be aware of the Site Licence requirements on quality assurance and arrangements required to ensure compliance. Demonstrated proficiency in Quality Management standards and guidelines including the current versions of BS EN ISO 9001
* Working knowledge of the current versions of IAEA GC-R-3, BS EN ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001.
* Demonstrated proficiency in Quality Management practices, methods and processes.
* This should include experience within Projects Quality Management, ideally within the Nuclear Industry or other similar regulated environments.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business
£25k - £30k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£33 - £38 Hourly
£35k - £60k Annual