Insurance Business Analyst 3+ years experience
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: City of London
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm
Salary: £50-60k per Annum
The ideal candidate should have the ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines, goal-oriented, solution focussed, must possess good written and verbal communication, excellent time management, planning and work prioritisation skills. Ability to work without close supervision, some stakeholder management experience with 3-5 years previous experience working within a similar role. Experience with one or more mainstream project/development management methodologies (eg Prince 2, Agile etc). Prior experience in software development projects and the London Market insurance back-office systems. Ability to prepare for and present to small groups confidently.
* Report to the Head of PMO.
* Accomplish project objectives - deliver on quality, time and budget.
* Planning project activities - aligned to business objectives, requirements, priorities and testing.
* Evaluate project progress and implementation.
* Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
* Constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
* Maintain project documentation - analysis, design specifications, product management records.
* Lloyd’s, London and International insurance market knowledge.
* Waterfall / Agile development methodology.
* Proven BA background
* Some knowledge of Binding Authorities
Skills Required -Non Technical
* Project management skills (including time management).
* Ability to communicate at all levels across the business
* Facilitation skills (e.g. meetings, workshops etc.)
Skills Required -Technical:
* Process modelling.
* Software in use at the company(this knowledge to be acquired).
* Competent IT skills in Microsoft Office.
* Requirements gathering and authoring.
* Peer review of technical specifications.
* Adherence to project framework
£50k - £65k Annual
£22k - £23k Annual
£300 - £350 Daily
£24k - £25k Annual