Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Company: BEACON365 Limited
Contract Type: Full Time / Permanent
Package: Up to £55k + Benefits & Bonus
Our client is a leading and successful provider of bespoke packaging solutions. With expertise developed for over 137 years their client base includes companies within food, pharmaceutical, household products and beauty sectors. With well over a century of shared knowledge and expertise, our client continues to innovate with both the products and services provided to their diverse customer base. They are seeking to identify a suitably qualified and experienced Financial Controller.
The Financial Controller will be required to oversee all financial aspects of Company strategy, business planning and budgeting. Responsible for the flow of financial information to the Board and, where necessary, external parties such as investors and financial institutions, the postholder will provide financial advice and support to support decision making within the business. In addition, the Financial Controller will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the accounts function. Reporting to the Finance Director and operating as a member of the Senior Leadership Team the postholder will be required to support decision making within the business through the provision of accurate and meaningful management information and financial analysis associated with existing product lines and potential new markets.
In the course of carrying out this role the post holder will:
* Develop the finance and accounting strategy to optimise the financial performance and strategic position of the business.
* Lead and develop the finance team, setting exemplary personal standards and providing support, coaching, training and utilising appropriate management tools to instil a desire to excel and enable individual members of the team to realise their potential.
* Support the preparation of budgets, forecasts, cashflows and variance reports.
* Support the preparation of the monthly consolidated P&L and Balance sheet.
* Take accountability for the finance function, ensuring systems are robust, compliant and provide optimum support to current activities and future growth.
* Contribute to the development of Company strategy by providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
* Develop relationships with relevant parties and oversee the treasury functions of the Company.
* Ensure that appropriate and robust internal financial controls are implemented and maintained within the business.
* Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
* Any other duties that can be reasonably expected of the role.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
* ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
* Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and best practice.
* Experience of leading and managing an accounts team.
* Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
* Advanced user of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), databases and Accountancy Software.
* Ability to thrive in a fast paced and pressurised environment.
* A high level of confidence with the ability to take responsibility for critical decision making.
* A high level of motivation with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence.
To apply to our vacancy for a Finance Controller, please click on Apply to upload your CV and cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you
£45k - £60k Annual
£45k - £60k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£50k - £50k Annual