Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Based in the heart of Bury, the East Lancashire Railway (ELR) is a lovingly restored heritage railway which journeys for twelve miles through picturesque scenery from Heywood in the East to Rawtenstall in the North.
As one of the most popular visitor attractions in Greater Manchester, the railway welcomes over 200,000 visitors a year with well-equipped stations complete with cafés, pubs, gift shops and a Transport Museum and plenty of things to see and do around the line.
The business has achieved a turnover of £4.5 million in 2018 but there is potential to achieve much more, and as a non-profit making company any surplus is reinvested straight back into the restoration of our heritage traction and rolling stock.
What will this role of Commercial Manager entail?
Working closely with the Director of Commercial Services, as the Commercial Manager you’ll be responsible for key revenue generating areas within the business. Supported by a dedicated team of employees and volunteers, including 5 direct reports, you’ll develop strategy and business plans for sales and growth, maximising profit margins in all current and any new sectors.
A key focus of yours will be to attain a target focused level of secondary spend from the volume of visitors we welcome each year. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Delivering the potential revenue from retailing
* New railway product development
* Overseeing the marketing and promotion of ELR products, including advance ticket sales
* Supporting and developing the events programme and undertaking non-railway commercial activities
What will I need to be considered for this Commercial Manager vacancy?
* Proven experience of working, leading and inspiring within a commercial services environment
* Be results focused, with the ability to use your own initiative; recognising, creating and seizing opportunities to implement ideas to achieve results
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with strong networking skills
What will I receive in return?
As the Commercial Manager, you will be part of a passionate and close-knit team where you’ll have the opportunity to really make your mark and demonstrate your skills.
You’ll receive an attractive salary plus a range of additional benefits including plenty of social activities and railway-based perks such as a company pension scheme and free travel on East Lancashire Light Railway services.
Contract: Permanent, working 38 hours per week. Flexibility is required to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays in accordance with business demands.
Location: Bury (Lancashire)
All applications for this Commercial Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
£60k - £65k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual