Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Software Engineer - Java
6 Month Rolling Contract
As a Java Software Engineer, you will be working within our Digital scrum teams with a clear focus and responsibility for innovation and building our mobile apps, on-line banking services and our websites.
You will be building industry leading server-side applications that provides our customers with the services they need when they need it. With a consistent customer focus, you will help evolve our server-side applications to meet customer’s needs and adapt to industry changes.
We are on an exciting journey to become the best ethical, digital bank in the UK and you could be part of the team that makes that happen!
* Delivering high quality, customer focused solutions
* Collaborating on design and UX to deliver usable, accessible and visually impactful results
* Participating in briefing sessions, contributing to writing technical specifications and estimates
* Supporting existing server-side applications with fixes, upgrades and improvements
* Contributing to the ongoing improvements and refinements of our working practices including new technologies and delivery methodologies
* Contribute to sprint demos, retrospectives and planning meetings. Communicate your technical approach at an appropriate level, for mixed audiences
Your focus will be predominantly on back-end development but a broader understanding of the full software stack and the ability to assist the front-end specialists when needed would be advantageous.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Extensive experience of Java web application development in a commercial environment (Java EE, Spring, Spring Boot)
* Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Experience with test automation (jUnit, Cucumber)
* Experience with build tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle)
* Experience with code and artefact repositories (Github, SVN, Artifactory, Nexus)
* Strong object oriented programming knowledge and knowledge of good design patterns
* Track record of successful software delivery
* Experience working in an Agile/DevOps software development environment
* Knowledge of IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) desirable
* Knowledge of Oracle databases desirable
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected
£45k - £50k Annual
£0 - £0 Annual
£35k - £50k Annual
£40k - £57.5k Annual