Major Incident Manager
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Seeking a Major Incident Manager to join our team. You will be reporting operationally to the Head of Major Incident Management and on a day to day basis, working as part of a team of Major Incident Managers taking ownership of all major incidents and acting as the conduit of information flow between Service Delivery Managers and Recovery Managers while managing the entire lifecycle of the incident.
In addition be responsible for ensuring the timely progression and resolution of all high severity major incidents in line with the agreed Major Incident Management Process and assist with the development and implementation of process and service improvements across the team.
What you will do:
* Manage high priority incidents through to closure
* Verify Priority and reallocate as necessary
* Determine incident severity
* Ensure appropriate and timely progression through to resolution
* Coordination and communication throughout incident
* Facilitate conference calls where necessary
* Escalation where appropriate
* Verification of resolution details
* Incident closure
* Production of Management Incident Information
* Manage the progression and closure of other incidents.
* Conduct incident reviews with lines of service within agreed timescales
* Compile and distribute Post Incident Reports within agreed timescale
* Develop and maintain management information reporting as necessary
* Update and maintain process documentation
* Escalate any potential issue to the Head of Major Incident Management at agreed times
Your experience will include:
* Major incident management experience
* Previous experience of a Service Desk environment
* Ideally experience of high priority incident management
* Knowledge of Remedy or similar tools and the Incident Management process
* ITIL awareness
* Flexible, positive ‘Can Do’ approach
* Ability to use initiative, prioritise work and make recommendations for process improvements
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and organisational skills at all levels
* Self-motivator, ability to remain focused when working to specific targets and deadlines
* Ability to work under pressure
* Willing to undergo CRB check if successful
* Experience of working to SLAs
* ITIL Foundation or higher Certified (or equivalent)
About Capita Enterprise Services
Capita Enterprise Services is part of our IT and Networking business and is a customer-focused, trusted IT services provider that brings together the right people, processes and technology to transform an organisation’s IT services.
From individual IT services to a total IT outsource or even our value-added reseller service; we get to know your challenges and design the right solution for you. Interested? Join our talented team here and you’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of customers covering both public and private sectors.
Our IT and Networking business are one of 6 division within Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers’ needs, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day’s holidays (rising to 25 days after 2 years and then to 27 days after 5 years), matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact Catherine Gander at (phone number removed) / for guidance.
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership
£320 - £320 Daily
£300 - £320 Daily
£34.5 - £35 Hourly
£28 - £28.4 Hourly
£36k - £38k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£45k - £52k Annual