Mechanical Assembly Fitter / Strip clean
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
• Work on own initiative or as part of a team within a dedicated team of fitters working to production deadlines.
• Perform tasks within the assembly areas considered to be within his/her capability.
• To be flexible and work in any assembly area, accepting the possible varying shift patterns and also to help if required in non assembly areas.
• Undertake any necessary training to allow for flexibility between the differing assembly areas and train other personnel.
• Overhaul, repair, assemble and test a variety of equipment, including warranty returns, refurbished and new:- calipers, actuators, discs, couplers, brake control equipment, etc.
• Build test installations in line with test specifications and schematics. Operate the same, interpreting results and adjusting units to required settings to achieve required outputs.
• Where equipment does not achieve required outputs, does not fit together, etc. to investigate, fault find and diagnose likely causes and where possible correct the fault. Notify appropriate personnel of actual and potential problems.
• Operate monitoring, measuring and diagnostic equipment.
• Ensure quality requirements are met by working to technical documents and work instructions.
• Ensure that any relevant information is passed over to the next shift to aid a smooth changeover.
• Carry out minor maintenance tasks and specified routine preventative maintenance some of which may be outside the assembly areas.
• Participate in continuous improvement workshops in order to increase efficiency within the company. Utilise CI tools such as 5S in order to improve the flow and workplace layout.
• Raise Non Conformance Records as appropriate.
• Communicate to Supervision any deficiencies in the production activity as they are detected and suggest any possible actions to correct these deficiencies.
• Ensure that tools, gauges, measuring equipment, etc. are properly stored
• Comply with Company and statutory Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Personnel policies and procedures.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website
£26k - £30k Annual
£17.5k - £17.5k Annual
£20k - £35k Annual
£18k - £22k Annual