Senior IT Support Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT support engineer to join one of the globes leading organisations.
Due to continued growth an excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Support engineer to join an established and successful global business. A desirable position within a busy, energetic, friendly and highly capable IT support team awaits the right candidate.
The primary purpose of the IT engineer is to be able to deliver an excellent technical delivery service to our users, communicating effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must be customer-oriented, serving as point of contact for users seeking technical assistance for IT support and services.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
* Responsible for the installation, security, maintenance and support of all site hardware / software and peripherals including Server, Desktop, and Network equipment & Telephony.
* Respond to both IT service and user escalations in a timely manner; ensure a swift and appropriate resolution.
* Assist with the restoration of critical services as quickly as possible with minimal business disruption.
* Proactive monitoring and anticipating issues or situations which may impact service availability and critical response time. Taking the necessary mitigation steps and escalating where appropriate.
* Takes ownership of problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements.
* Adhere to IT operations documentation including both hardware and software applications, assets, support logs and other related information.
* Deliver end user training to enhance the user experience by raising awareness of improved functionality to increase productivity.
* Work with the Technical Services Manager to identify and explore opportunities for service and business improvement. Assist with the analysis, identification, and implementation of improved IT efficiencies.
* Provide new employee onboarding, ensuring hardware and access has been provisioned on day-one and user training on services has been performed.
* Collaborate with the programme delivery team, including the technical implementation of project objectives.
* Maintain a global asset register, for both software and hardware ensuring a standard infrastructure / application landscape is maintained.
* Three or more years of proven experience in customer facing support of desktop and server hardware / peripherals and software systems
* Demonstrated experience of working with dispersed users at all levels.
* Strong experience in working with technical industry standards and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills – demonstrable experience in collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
* Good working knowledge of ITIL and service management framework processes.
* Results orientated; sets high standards of performance.
* Outstanding analysis and problem-solving, troubleshooting issues to full resolution.
* Excellent knowledge of network topologies and Microsoft architectures such as Office 365, Server OS including Hyper-V, PowerShell and Active Directory.
* Proven knowledge of second and third line support including network, security, desktop and cloud environments.
* Good organizational and time management skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application
£28k - £32k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual