Part Qualified Accounts Assistant
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Purpose of Role:
To provide assistance to the management accountant and credit controller to ensure the smooth operation of the accounts department.
* Checking and calculating payments and records within the accounts function and ensuring records are up to date and correct.
* Manage and reconcile petty cash transactions; ensure there is enough petty cash at all times.
* Work with the Credit Controller to control credit and chase up debtors by phone and email.
Escalate issues to Credit Controller as required.
* Reconcile finance accounts and direct debits on a monthly basis.
* Undertake the bank reconciliations on a weekly basis
* Reconcile customer accounts in liaison with Customer Services.
* Prepare and use spreadsheets for analysis and record keeping
* Ensure all files are up to date, accessible, and accurate.
* Provide reports as required for Management.
* Undertake the administration associated with the role.
* Ensure compliance with the company’s Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity policies.
* Undertake any task reasonably requested by Management.
Please note the responsibilities may change to meet the needs of the organisation so all employees are required to be flexible in their approach to the role.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Education
* Educated to A Level or equivalent, including at least one of Accounts, Maths, Business Studies
* Part qualified AAT or ACCA ; a contribution will be made towards studies.
* Relevant experience in an accounts department of a trading company with income of at least £10million pa particularly of Credit Control.
* Excellent numeracy skills and ability to analyse data.
* Proven excellent attention to detail and ability to manage time effectively.
* IT literacy: at least intermediate Microsoft Office including Excel.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills. Native level English required.
* Good knowledge of Bookkeeping
Essential Personal Attributes
* Willingness to learn and develop a career in Accounts
* Cooperative and willing to “go the extra mile”
* Friendly and outgoing personality.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
Holidays: 28 days per annum including Bank Holidays. Holidays increase with length of service
Pension: 5% contribution by employer, 3% contribution by employee
Benefits on completion of probationary period:
Interest free travel loan, cycle to work scheme, enhanced maternity pay and paternity leave; staff discount on products.
Regular staff socials paid for by the company.
Staff car park - free
Nearest underground: Manor House (Piccadilly Line)
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK
£20k - £26k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£21k - £24k Annual
£28k - £34k Annual