Senior Support Accountant
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
An existing opportunity has to come to market for a Senior Customer Support Accountant to join a rapidly expanding team.
Our client prides themselves on exceptional customer support, and to help them continue this work they are looking to expand their Support Team. This is a role which provides a great variety of work and has a unique mix of accounting and customer service, therefore you will need a strong understanding of accounting as well as the ability to communicate with customers. As a senior in the team, you will also line manage a small team and be the ‘go to’ person for resolving complicated queries.
Day to day here's what you can expect;
* After your initial training within the team you'll be leading some of our clients incredible support accountants, reviewing the quality of their responses, and assisting in resolving complex enquiries. In time, you'll progress into line management with further responsibilities.
* You'll be the first point of contact for customers, via phone, email, and online chat, and responding accurately and promptly to customer queries
* You'll provide training to customers by way of outbound calls, both to people who are currently on a free trial, as well as subscribers who request further training
* You'll be proactively contacting users to see if they need help
* You'll be helping potential customers who are interested in the product, but need more information to decide if it’s right for them
* You'll also assist the product teams by testing new features or upgrades to existing functionality
Ideally, you will:
* You have robust accounting knowledge, and experience working with everything from payroll RTI to VAT and Self-Assessment from either an accounts assistant or bookkeeping role or similar.
* You're experienced in line management, motivating a team and have some knowledge of HR processes
* You're highly computer-literate and tech-savvy, understanding that online engagement is crucial to the business success.
* You will have practical experience of using a variety of bookkeeping and accounting software packages
* You will have hands-on experience of working with small businesses, possess a clear understanding of their issues, and have a keen interest in how the right financial software can help them
* Last but not least you enjoy providing first-rate customer service and have considerable experience of this from a previous role
Accounting qualifications (accounting degree, AAT, CIMA or ACCA) will be useful in helping you get up to speed quickly, however being qualified by experience will be just as valuable. Anyone looking to complete their CIMA or ACCA should note that this role will not provide an opportunity to gain the practical experience necessary to complete these qualifications in full
What’s on offer;
* Competitive basic salary - c£26,000 - c£35,000 (dependant on experience)
* Plus, excellent benefits package including;
* 33 days’ annual leave, including public holidays, increasing year on year to 43 max
* Contributory Pension
* Private Health Insurance
* Group Life Assurance
* Income Protection
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Family-friendly policies
* Childcare vouchers
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment
£30k - £35k Annual
£23k - £25k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual