Application Security Specialist
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
My global leading client based out of Cardiff, are looking for a talented and Application Security Specialist. The primary focus of your role will be to ensure that the security of the internal applications is maintained. You will own the service of Application Security, acting as its “Product Owner” within the SDLC and architectural model. You will report into the Information Security Manager, and work alongside a team of highly talented technical security professionals.
• Act as the key contact for stakeholders who develop, manage or utilise applications, in all aspects of Application Security.
• Provisioning of Application Security measures for all systems. These measures are envisaged to include (but not be limited to): Automated Application Security Testing, manual Application Penetration Testing, Training of Developers, Implementation and Management of WAFs, Development of Secure Coding Standards, etc.
• Determining and maintaining the correct Architectural model of Application Security and ensure that this aligns with the broader SDLC, which will come to form the backbone of ITS’ core Services.
• Providing the necessary information, documentation and guidance to allow other parties, such as applications teams, the ability to integrate into the secure SDLC pipeline in a way that is flexible, sustainable and easily reproducible.
A little about you
You will have:
• Relevant Application Security knowledge, Information Security and general Information Technology knowledge. Applicants able to demonstrate this experience and knowledge, but lacking the relevant certifications will be considered, but will be required to attain relevant qualifications (OSCP, CSSLP, CEH, ISSEP, Ethical Ninja, etc.) within 12 months.
• Prior experience of having performed application security testing. For example, having worked as an external Application Penetration Tester, or a software security accreditor, within a recognised formalised framework (CHECK, CREST, PA-DSS, etc.)
• Candidates will ideally have experience of implementing and maintaining automated Application Security testing tools within a broader automated Application Delivery pipeline.
• Annual bonus schemes
• 27.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Flexible working hours system
• 12% employee contribution pension
• Life assurance – 10X annual salary
• private medical
Application Security Specialist// Cardiff// £55,000- £68,000//
£26k - £30k Annual
£20k - £20k Annual
£17k - £22k Annual