Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Successful candidates must be able to consistently work a weekly 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift working pattern. Please only apply if you are able to adhere to these hours.
In this role you will have the chance to:
* Manufacture and repair tooling, jigs, fixtures and special purpose equipment used for injection moulding and extrusion
* Assemble/disassemble plastic injection mould tooling equipment and other types of tooling
* Identify key areas within PPM systems where continuous improvement can be strategically implemented]
* Operate spark eroding machinery
* Work to fine tolerances based upon bespoke requirements
* Check and adjust clearances and tolerances to match drawing dimensions
* Diagnose tooling faults and create appropriate corrective solutions
* Liaise with sub-contractors to manufacture and repair special tools and dies
* Train new employees and apprentices on how to safely operate and set machinery and equipment
To be successful in this role you will:
* Recognised Toolmaking apprenticeship or similar
* Working knowledge of plastic injection mould tools and extrusions
* Be capable of interpreting engineering drawings without supervision
* Be proficient in the use of all tool-room machinery and equipment
* Be trained in the safe use/fitting of grinding wheels
* Good working knowledge of Health & Safety systems e.g. Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, COSHH, IOSH
* Experience in setting and operating CNC machinery would be advantageous
This role involves working 48 hours per week split across mornings and afternoons only which will operate on a 4 on/4 off working shift. Overtime is also available and paid at an increased rate.
In return, you will stand to receive a competitive basic salary in addition of a 20% shift premium, pension scheme, sick pay and realistic opportunities for career progression.
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency
£11 - £13 Hourly
£15.2 - £26.3 Hourly
£30k - £32k Annual
£11 - £13 Hourly