Helpdesk Support Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary up to £22000 (D.O.E) + Overtime + Bonus + Excllent Benefits!!
Are you a skilled Support Technician perhaps a 1st line and looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have a strong background in installing, maintaining and supporting IT infrastructure? Would you be interested in joining a progressive, passionate market leading company that will invest in you and support your IT career for the long-term? If so, you may be just the person we are looking for!
This role offers a competitive salary depending on relevant skills and experience. You will also be able to increase your salary with paid overtime by the hour and incentives and bonuses. The company offers extensive certified training funded by the company and excellent career progression opportunities in line with business growth plans.
You will be working with a diverse range of technologies that will enhance your skills. You will be responsible for the escalation of technical 2nd line support queries on the service desk and will be required to resolve these issues to ensure that tickets and incidents are resolved efficiently.
Personal Attributes & Desirable Experience:
• Strong technical background gained from being part as a busy helpdesk/service team(preferably using Autotask)
• Experience of SolarWinds, Team Viewer and MSP Connect
• Experience in using technologies like WatchGuard, Managed Switches, VLANS
• Good understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
• Virtualization experience using VMWare and Hyper-V
• Experience working in a Support role on a busy service desk, preferably for a Managed Services company
• Some experience (or capability) of dealing with on-site IT infrastructure/hardware issues
• DHCP, DNS, AD & GPO
• MS Exchange, both on-premise and cloud based.
• Networking knowledge covering LAN/VLAN/WAN technologies
• Excellent customer service and quality management skills
*Full UK Driving License*
Desirable: Firewalls; Broadband; MPLS networks; WiFi; Mitel telephone systems, Configuration and Troubleshooting of VoIP Systems, Opera, POS/PMS/PDQ Systems
Working Hours: Office based Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm OR 9:00 am – 6:00 pm (alternating weekly).
Keywords: 2nd Line Support, Service Desk, 1st line IT Engineer, IT Technician, IT Engineer, Helpdesk, IT Support, Systems Engineer, Desktop Support, Network Administrator, IT Administrator, Technical Support, Information Technology, Remote support
£30k - £40k Annual
£20k - £24k Annual
£20k - £27k Annual
£20k - £27k Annual