Head if IT/CTO
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
About the business
Modern, pro-active, honest and reputable – four words that sum up this full-service law firm.
The business currently employs a team of around 50 legal and support professionals, and emphasises the value of their enthusiastic, proactive and friendly approach and ‘can do’ attitude.
The senior leaders of the business are now looking to continue their growth through investment in technologies and infrastructure to boost efficiency and further improve their enviable levels of customer service.
About the role
The Head of IT will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a strategy in line with the needs of the business. The role will also encompass the management of all current and future IT systems throughout the business, including Tikit and SAP Crystal.
Sitting on the board, the Head of IT will work closely with internal stakeholders to gauge requirements and design suitable solutions to maximise the firm’s use of data and inform decisions through BI and MI techniques and bespoke tools.
Innovation, reliability, value and security will be at the heart of a rolling IT strategy that supports the vision of the senior leaders within the firm and increases competitive advantage.
Other responsibilities include:
* Ensuring all developed and implemented solutions are scalable and flexible, enabling agile yet secure response to trends and changing needs
* Identifying and proposing appropriate solutions that might better-suit or complement the existing systems within the business
* Managing relationships with external providers to ensure procured services are optimal and offer value for money
* Taking projects from initial brief to implementation and communicating accurate timelines for the development of solutions
* Monitoring technological trends within the market and communicating trends back to the firm’s senior leaders
* Continuous improvement of all systems, processes and techniques within the IT team
* Effective management of direct reports, departmental budget and capacity
Due to the 360 nature of this strategic role, you should be an experienced, confident IT professional with experience in the legal sector and ideally direct experience of working with Tikit and SAP Crystal.
Proficiency in SQL is essential and MCSE: Data Management and Analytics certification would be highly advantageous.
Experience of data processing and virtualisation is essential, as is knowledge of and experience with enterprise software applications and cloud technologies.
The role is best suited to a commercially experienced IT professional with experience of aligning with, developing and supporting the strategy and vision of clients and/or senior leaders. Good understanding of effective project management principles is vital in that respect.
You should be an exceptional communicator and hold substantial knowledge of business processes, budgeting and operations.
Finally, you should be a proven leader with a history of continued professional development.
Begin strategising the growth of your career – apply today
£17k - £17.5k Annual
£18k - £20k Annual
£27k - £30k Annual