Mechanical Machine Technician
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
£25K - £30K
A global leader in packaging and paper machinery are looking for a Mechanical Machine technician to join their office in Manchester,
* Perform machine set up and commissioning ready for customer factory acceptance trial.
* Conduct and/or assist Project/Applications team with customer factory acceptance trial.
* Complete despatch checks and relevant paperwork.
* Occasionally attend site to conduct machine set up and factory acceptance trial.
* Mentor, coach and oversee the work of the apprentices within the manufacturing team.
* Accurately and systematically troubleshoot during the machine build and set up to determine the cause of the problem and present or implement workable solutions.
* Assists Engineering with workable solutions to problems that inhibit build or performance of a machine.
* Effectively document the machine build and any changes made to the build.
* Work the time necessary to meet the needs of the business and advise direct Leader if any overtime is required.
* Use accepted safety procedures and precautions in the process of machine building, testing or part fabrication.
* Communicate progress daily with your direct Leader.
* Communicate daily with Engineering as required.
* Attend Assembly Start Meetings for assigned machines.
* Assist with the unloading and loading of machines and goods.
* Other duties as requested by your direct Leader.
* Keep production area and individual area clean, neat and organized to allow efficient production.
* Maintain a ‘tour ready’ appearance in the production area.
* Completion of a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
* 3 years of experience in machine building and set up in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience in the operation of machine tools; namely milling machines and lathers.
* Qualified preferably to ONC/HNC in a mechanical engineering subject.
* Experience preferably in the packaging industry with emphasis on machine build.
* Fork lift truck licence.
* Experience in the use of overhead cranes and slinging of machinery.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be considered for this position, please contact Lauren Ballard at Vantage Consulting on (phone number removed) or email
£30k - £35k Annual
£18.5k - £35k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual