Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Based in the Leeds area, the business boasts excellent career opportunities, providing a dynamic knowledge-sharing environment that encourages commercial innovation. The business seeks individuals that want to be part of the fabric, share and capture ideas. As the Commodity Buyer, they seek someone driven, energetic and commercially minded to grow in an advancing organisation.
Strategic Sourcing Buyer, Commodity Buyer:
- Responsible for commodity strategy development
- Responsible for materials or services for either manufacturing, Steel Structures, CAPEX, and/or Fabrications
- Proactive approach to delivering associated strategy development, supplier management, process control and day-to-day stakeholder management under collaborative programme delivery
- Business case development and product development, identifying non-production business, commercial enhancement, and sub-contracts
- Work closely with all operational teams, including production, quality, design and supply chain, to ensure continuity of supply
- Proactively develop and maintain effective relationships with vendor partners at all levels to ensure Procurement are a trusted adviser and an integral part of the business’ decision-making process for third-party spend
· Demonstrable experience of procurement in engineering manufacturing
· A thorough understanding of ERP/MRP, purchasing tools and techniques
· A demonstrable knowledge of techniques to deliver continuous cost savings and supply chain excellence
· A demonstrable knowledge of the construction, engineering and manufacturing markets, including industry trends, emerging products and commercial models
· A good understanding of supply chain risk and mitigation strategies, including legal risk, commercial risk, corporate responsibility risk, fraud risk and business continuity risk
· Sufficient understanding of contract law to be able to review agreements
£50,000 - £55,000 Bonus, Holiday, Flexi benefits.
Please call me for more information.
£40k - £42k Annual
£0 - £1 Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual