Site Service Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
1. Do you hold a recognised qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent combinations of education?
2. Do you have a wealth of experience within AV technology?
3. Have you worked within a similar site-based role previously?
If you have answered "yes" to these questions, please keep reading to hear more about an exciting new opportunity at Electrosonic Ltd.
To provide client onsite engineering services to include troubleshooting, installation and maintenance of electronic communication systems including but not limited to broadcast, streaming, video conferencing, audio visual, projection, pro audio, video, stage lighting and control.
Responsible for the safe and correct diagnosis of faults, repair, test and upgrading of all aspects of broadcast, audio visual, video conference, display and presentation technologies.
We are currently looking for a Service Engineer located on a client site in Canary Wharf
What you will be doing?
* To ensure a prompt, courteous and appropriate response to all customer requests for assistance and support, working to defined service level agreements and within contractual timeframes / frameworks.
* Be responsible for the general tidiness, safety and order of the workshop and maintain the highest standards.
* Accurately and quickly diagnose and remedy faults and problems. Troubleshoot electronic systems and equipment, and repair down to electronic component level.
* Assist with preventive maintenance of customer equipment.
* Responsible for reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and drawings and reporting and remedying any discrepancies.
* Responsible for accurate tracking of the clients hardware inventory.
* Research and obtain information on position specific training opportunities.
* To be responsible for ensuring the working condition, calibration and ongoing maintenance of all test equipment, tools and associated hardware.
* Maintain accurate and current company and customer files.
* To maintain a smart appearance at all times.
* To ensure all work is performed to the Company standards and that quality techniques are practiced.
* To work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times.
* Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency.
* Hold a recognised qualification in electronic engineering or equivalent combination of education and related field experience
* A full working knowledge of communications, networking, audio visual systems and system components is essential
* Fully conversant with audio DSP based technologies, and configuration requirements of sound reinforcement within the presentation environment
* Proven experience in the testing, fault finding, servicing, maintenance, engineering and installation of electronic audio visual systems, or related field
* Knowledge of touch screen and web-based programming and control technology
* Experience in networking
* Solid foundation in providing exceptional customer service and support in a fast-paced AV/VC environment
* Be organised and flexible with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day
* Being able to prioritise and work under pressure is essential
* Strong client facing skills and customer-focus with an understanding of the sensitivities of working on a client’s site and when providing remote support
* Be competent to a high level of computer literacy
* Ability to think laterally finding an appropriate solution to fulfil an application or meet a deadline
* Strong ethic of following process and procedure
* Have the ethic of delivery of a quality solution where second best is not good enough
Electrosonic is an international audiovisual and technology services company that designs, builds, and supports innovative solutions creating lasting experiences where people live, work and play.
Founded in 1964, Electrosonic has been recognised for its superior and unsurpassed technology master planning and system integration. With unique global capability, we deliver highly complex world-class projects, conference room technology, and executive briefing centres across a multitude of sectors including financial services, professional business, entertainment - theme parks, museums and visitor centres, gaming and hospitality, technology and media, energy and utilities.
Electrosonic provides a comprehensive scope of technical and professional services with expertise in ICT and Network Infrastructure, Security, Surveillance and Access Control, Audio, Video and Control Systems, Acoustics.
Electrosonic is where imagination comes to life
£25k - £29k Annual
£33k - £34k Annual