Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
A Mechanical Fitter for a permanent position in Leeds to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join our client's team who specialize in the manufacturing, servicing and maintenance of electrical power transformers.
Responsibilities: Final Assembly of Transformers, Instruments and Fittings.
To carry out final assembly pre-test and post test operations. Main duties include installation of core and winding assemblies to fabricated tanks; Making internal electrical connections and terminations; Filling with insulation oil; Fitting and connecting ancillary instruments.
* To carry out all production operations in accordance with the company health & safety policy. Ensuring your personal safety and that of others working in your area.
* Prepare fabricated tanks to production priority schedule for installation of core and winding assembly. Pre-fitting of gaskets, bushings, instruments, conservator, lid, wiring bars, etc.
* Prepare core and winding assemblies for installation to fabricated tanks. Ensuring core and windings are free from damage and debris contamination, and all mechanical clamps and fixings are torque tightened to specification.
* Install core and winding assemblies to fabricated tanks. Ensuring secure slinging of core & winding assemblies and safe positioning to pre-determined dimensions inside the tank. Secure core & winding assembly in position and make internal electrical connections.
* Fill fabricated tank with insulation oil. Ensuring that core & winding assembly is totally covered within the specified period of leaving the oven stoving operation.
* Fit the transformer lid assembly and all other ancillary equipment required for test.
* Complete final assembly operations by fitting all remaining equipment, radiators, conservator, and any associated connection pipework, switches, valves, nameplates, etc.
* Ensure all quality control and customer specific documentation has been completed to specification.
* Any other reasonable request you are instructed to do that you have received adequate instruction and training to carry out.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience
* Apprentice trained in electrical / mechanical engineering.
* Experience of running and terminating cables
* Electrical test experience
* Experience of reading, understanding and interpreting electrical / mechanical drawings
* Welding, brazing, soldering experience
* Crane, slinging and lifting experience
* Fork Lift Truck licence
Experience with transformers would be advantageous but not essential.
All supporting documentation must be sent across before commencing this position.
Rate of pay:
Rate of pay is between £10.20 and £11.29 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
How to apply:
In the first instance, send CV's and supporting documentation or call the team on (phone number removed) (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment is working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client
£25k - £28k Annual
£11.8 - £11.8 Hourly
£13.7 - £13.7 Hourly
£25k - £27k Annual