Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
The company are now looking for eager and enthusiastic Service Engineers to join their team in Funtington, West Sussex.
Reporting to the Workshop Foreman, as Service Engineer you will be responsible for making sure machinery and equipment run smoothly and provide excellent customer service, thereby maximising customer retention and increase profitability.
The main aim of the role is to service and repair machinery and equipment within a specified timescale, in the workshop or during field visits. You could also be required to work on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic or computerised systems
Other responsibilities of the role include:
• To comprehend customers’ requirements and make appropriate recommendations
• Responding to machinery and equipment breakdowns
• Fixing faults or installing replacement parts
• Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate
• Compliance with manufacturers’ service and warranty procedures
• Accounting for all hours worked using a time sheet
• Producing timely and detailed job cards to provide a full explanation of work carried out
• Keeping the Workshop Foreman informed of progress
• Keeping up to date with competencies required for the role
• Building and maintaining positive customer relationships and actively seeking new business
• Maintaining your work area and company vehicle
• Acting in accordance with the company Health & Safety Policy, Risk Assessments and Safe Working Practices
• Conducting weekly company vehicle service and maintenance checks
Skills & Requirements needed:
• Good mechanical knowledge and experience in the agricultural sector
• The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
• The ability to manage a varied workload
• Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
• A commitment to keep up to date with new technology
• Good problem-solving skills
• The ability to work on your own or as part of a team
• An awareness of health and safety legislation
• A full, clean driver’s licence is essential
• A good standard of written and spoken English
Due to the rural location of the role, it is recommended that you have access to your own transport to travel to and from the role.
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week. (plus overtime) The role is based on working Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm with a salary of between £25,000-£35,000 per year, dependent on your experience.
If this is the role for you, apply now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
LOCATION: Funtington, West Sussex
JOB TITLE: Service Engineer
SALARY & BENEFITS: £25,000-£35,000 dependent on experience
WORKING HOURS: Full-time Monday to Friday 8am-5pm plus overtime
£28k - £32k Annual
£25k - £38k Annual
£26k - £26k Annual
£32 - £32k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£26k - £28k Annual
£29.4k - £32.7k Annual