MI and Reporting Accountant (qualified)
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Management Information and Reporting Accountant required to proactively collate and analyse operational and financial data, producing accurate M.I. to support all areas of the business. The role reports directly to the FC but has a close working relationship with the CFO,, Engineering, Operations and in Programme Management (P.M.).
Ad hoc projects are a feature of the role and so the applicant should have a flexible working style, personable nature and be prepared to roll up their sleeves on new tasks. This is a pivotal and exciting time to join this rapidly developing business.
Key areas of involvement included
· Business Plan modelling in support of monthly forecasting and equity funding raising activities;
· Preparation of high quality and timely monthly Management Accounts for the Board;
· Maintenance of budgets and the business forecast;
· Statutory Accounts preparation for the year ending 30th November;
· Financial modelling interface between PM and Finance;
· Monthly Cost centre reporting and analysis for budget owners;
· Weekly and monthly management information for Programmes, Operations and Engineering;
Key attributes of the successful applicant:
· A degree and appropriate professional Certification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) - Qualified accountant.
· Desire to work in a small and dynamic SME with ambitious growth plans.
· Happy to roll up sleeves and deal with all levels of issues and tasks in a flexible and adaptable manner
· Ability to simplify problems in order to explore and evaluate them systematically with strong attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate easily with non-finance staff with experience of interacting with all levels within a business including operational managers - a good networker who can build trusting relationships.
· Ability to prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues;
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and deliver results to tight deadlines.
· Enthusiasm, resilience, drive and commitment;
· Creative and analytical problem solving skills to ensure effective delivery of outcomes.
· Strong numeric skills, logic and quick thinking;
· Being discrete with excellent inter-personal and communications skills