Shift Maintenance Fitter
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Not only will you receive first class opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge through numerous in depth training programmes, you will also receive a competitive salary package, inclusive of pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and weekly opportunities for overtime.
Please note this a shift based role which will involve periods of 4 on/4off working hours consisting of days and nights. You are only required to work one weekend in every three.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Carry out maintenance and repair works on a range of plant machinery and production equipment
* Respond to emergency breakdowns and carry out in depth fault finding analysis
* Diagnose faults on mechanical, electrical pneumatic and hydraulic systems
* Plan routine maintenance checks on equipment such as conveyors, hoppers, silos, gearboxes, 3 phase motors, hydraulic pumps and valves
* Carry out PLC troubleshooting on automated PPM systems
* Work with site team to incorporate continuous improvement techniques into maintenance activities in order to achieve reduction in downtime and waste
* Promote on site Health & Safety and carry out necessary procedures to ensure company standards are maintained
* Assist with additional tasks such as welding as per requested by Line Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
* HND/HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* Experienced working in a reactive or proactive maintenance role
* Fault finding experience on PLC’s and other plant equipment
* Experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
* Ability to read and follow instructions from engineering drawings
* Flexible toward working hours when required
* MIG welding experience desirable but not essential
If you know you have the required skills and experience and would like to find out more please apply now.
Unfortunately we are unable to contact all candidates due to the large volume of applications we receive. If you have not heard from a consultant within the next three days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Express Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Express Recruitment Ltd. are those of an Employment Agency