Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
23,500 – 24,000
Pursuit Resources are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller for our client, a well establish company based in Maldon.
Reporting to the Finance Controller this role will provide support to the Finance Function to manage the day to day debtor collections activity of the business and to ensure that all processes are carried out with maximum efficiency, effectiveness and quality of service in line with Company strategy and policies and industry guidelines.
* Collect cash
* Proactively chase overdue debt in accordance with the Aged Debtors list with attention to set targets.
* Liaise with relevant internal departments and Business Development Managers to resolve collection queries and disputes as necessary.
* Establish and implement collection routines to include frequency of contact via letters, phone calls, e-mails etc.
* Issue monthly statements of account to customers
* Produce weekly, monthly and ad-hoc performance reports to Finance Controller
* Processing of payables invoices as required
* Reconciliation of bank accounts as required
* Processing expense claims as required
* Processing journals and producing reports as required
Assistance with other ad hoc finance projects as required.
The ideal Candidate
1. Technical skills and experience
* Broad current working knowledge and experience of credit control processes, systems and legislation ideally covering the UK as well as international business environments.
* Must have good working knowledge of the implementation of company systems, procedures and processes and can work towards achieving overall company objectives and strategy.
* Very strong numerical and analytical skills
2. Strategic insight & planning
* Ability to see the “big picture” without losing sight of the details at all stages i.e. strategy, planning and trading.
* Ability to identify key profit drivers and to drive profitable change
* Constantly strives for improvements in approaches, processes, systems and overall performance
* Plans to anticipate events and develops contingency plans
* Prepared and able to change plans in line with business needs
3. Communication skills
* As this role requires contact with a wide variety of resources from across the company and externally at all levels the following communication skills are required:
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
* Must be a proactive communicator
* Able to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences in an appropriate, meaningful and influential manner
4. Impact and influence
* Positively represents the business at all times
* Must have energy, enthusiasm, drive and a “can do” attitude
* Able to effectively influence internally and externally, upward and downwards
5. Systems skills
* ERP specifically AR (SAP Business One expertise or similar)
* Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word
* 5% pension
* Car parking
* Life assurance
* 22 days holiday rising to 25
* Discretionary bonus
* Flexible start time between 8.15 and 9.15. 37.5 hour week one hour for lunch.
If you feel you fit the requirements for this role and would like to discuss it in more detail please contact Sarah Palmer on (phone number removed).
Pursuit Resources Group are an established recruitment agency based in Braintree, Essex. We recruit across many industry sectors within Essex, Herts, Suffolk, London and beyond. We cover both the permanent and the temporary recruitment market. For more details visit our website – (url removed) or alternatively find us on social media under ‘@pursuitgroup’. To be notified of all the latest positions please follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn