Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
The role will include 3D modelling and finalisation of detailed drawings, along with the build and test of product assemblies. Administratively, there is a requirement for the control of drawings.
Some UK/international travel may be required for supplier/ customer meetings.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Generate solid models and engineering drawings;
* Checks all drawings produced to ensure accuracy and suitability;
* Generation and management of Engineering Bills of Materials;
* Liaising with members of project and manufacturing teams and suppliers;
* Design of low volume prototypes for the Engineering and other technical departments;
* Manufacture of designed prototypes using hands on engineering skills.
* Design of test rigs for Production and other technical departments;
* Issue engineering drawings to customers and suppliers upon request;
* Generation and maintenance of mechanical assembly documentation.
You could be the perfect candidate for this Design Engineer opportunity if you have the following skills and experience:
* HNC or equivalent in a Mechanical Engineering, or an Engineering apprenticeship;
* Experienced in Solidworks 3D CAD;
* Solid understanding of mechanical principles;
* Knowledge and understanding of common manufacturing methods e.g. metal fabrications, machining, etc.;
* Experience gained in white goods or industrial/scientific equipment;
* Cost conscious;
* Drawing control/management;
* Within commuting distance of Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire;
* Full UK driving licence and own transport
£25k - £40k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual