Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate Mechanical Design Engineer with strong CAD skills, to join an East Sussex based electrodynamic engineering company, working at the cutting edge of medical and scientific developments.
* The usage of 3D and 2D CAD software, drawing and editing CAD models (e.g. AutoCAD, Solidworks, Solid Edge).
* Taking a project from concept to finished product, with a focus on design for manufacture.
* Initiate designs for electromagnets from the original scientific specifications and dimensional data available.
* To communicate with the rest of the design team, presenting ideas and solutions.
* To investigate, identify and utilise suitable materials and products in designs.
* To maintain records of design changes, whilst monitoring the financial and time cost of these design changes.
* The production of required specifications for manufacturing and purchasing.
The Ideal candidate will have:
* An Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering discipline.
* A minimum of 1+ years’ worth of experience in mechanical design engineering.
* Experience in the usage 3D CAD systems (Solidworks, Solid Edge, AutoCAD).
* Experience using the full Windows/Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* Full driving license and passport.
* The successful candidate will be:
o Organised, methodical and precise, with excellent documentation skills.
o A clear and succinct communicator, with the ability to manage and socialise with teams of people.
o An industrious and responsible worker, with an eye for both detail and overarching progress.
* Generous holiday allowance: 20+ days.
* Pension plan.
* Life insurance, with company contribution.
Key words: graduate Mechanical Engineer, design, CAD, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Solid Edge, FEA, Electro-dynamics, medical engineering, scientific, ISO9001, ISO14001
Job is commutable from Worthing, Shoreham, Steyning, Burgess Hill, Lancing
£20k - £40k Annual
£20k - £40k Annual
£25k - £25k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual