Technical Design Manager
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
As Design Manager you will be responsible for a 5-Man design team producing detailed manufacturing drawings, bills of material and general arrangement drawings. Candidates must possess demonstrable experience of technical product design ideally using Radan within a structural steel sheet metal fabrication environment.
This role present the opportunity to join a leading business in its field and to be part of pushing the design forward with regards to process and procedure.
• Develop, lead and manage the Technical team to ensure a high level of quality and productivity.
• Oversee initial design concepts through post concept approval to site survey and the production of detail drawings and bills of materials.
• Liaise with client’s, Architects and Sub-Contractors to final sign off.
• Manage the department’s CAD systems including upgrades and licensing.
• Liaise with external Structural Engineers, where necessary.
• Administrate numerous and often challenging orders to strict deadlines and shipping dates.
• Assist production with technical problems and product development.
• Maintain CAD drawings and Excel template library and update as required.
Skills & Attributes
• Strong leadership capabilities.
• Experience within lightweight structures/structural steel or fabrication/sheet metal industries.
• Experience with 2D and 3D CAD packages are essential. Knowledge of Desktop-Inventor, Radan-Radraft and Radan-3D would be advantageous, must be Microsoft Office literate, with intermediate Excel skills.
• Experience of product design and 3D prototyping.
• Successful track record in technical design, in a manufacturing environment, possibly with an engineering background.
• Solid judgement along with decision making skills.
• You will be collaborative and team-centric, with strong communication and customer skills when dealing with clients, contractors and shop-floor personnel.
• Your personal skill set will include being highly organised, with an ability to question and challenge which will be valued as much as your technical expertise.
This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency
£24k - £24k Annual
£20k - £22k Annual
£19k - £21k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual