Automation Data Scientist/SME - MilTech Fellow
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
* Academic Background - PHD in Automation/Data Science or equivalent
* Experience working on autonomous vehicles in other organisations
* Deep academic understanding of autonomy on the practical issues that we could face on the project.
* Good understanding of the laws and regulations around autonomy and data science.
* Working with technical and business stakeholders, analysis and presentation.
* Data development life cycle,data management, application of statistical modelling, trend identification, smoothing/regression, visualisation techniques using appropriate and managing automated/manual data workflows,job scheduling &resource management.
Ideally you will have SC - however the right person could acquire it.
The MilTech Fellow (Autonomy) will be the Autonomy subject matter expert and work closely with the two MilTech Fellows (Data Science) and the Innovation scouts from the JHub/JHubMed/MilTech innovation environments.
* Be required to collaborate on the ongoing projects in the autonomy domain, contributing to delivering Autonomy capabilities into the hands of the military users at pace (months, not years).
* Be expected to run one Autonomy project themselves; rapidly evaluating world-class technologies in this space, connecting them to military users, pitching for funding to run a pilot study of the capability, and then presenting the results to a 4* General headed board for the opportunity for Defence to invest to bring this capability into our core business.
* Be expected to deliver monthly updates and training to the members of the JFC innovation ecosystem on Autonomy, and will also be expected to take an active role in mentoring new coders in Defence who are collaborating on projects on our software crowdsourcing platform, JHubCrowd.
* Consulting on all of the JHub, JHubMed & MilTech projects in the area of autonomy, ensuring that we are only engaging with truly cutting-edge technology and that due diligence is taken in our procurement/project management of autonomy projects.
* By Jun 2020, deliver a, yet to be defined, standalone project at the cutting edge of autonomy.
* Be a critical red team to all projects with autonomy considerations running within the JHub/JHubMed/MilTech.
* Providing advice and guidance to projects in the autonomy realm on JHubCrowd personal development portal.
* Providing education and training to current JHub/JHubMed/MilTech staff on the topics of autonomy.
* To develop and use our data infrastructure for analysis of business and security data.
* Day to day activities include collaborating with business analysts and stakeholders to understand how available data can be used to drive efficiency.
* Working with the user experience team to gain insight into user behaviour.
* Working with representatives from policy to understand how policy decisions are driving behaviour.
The Joint Forces Command Innovation Ecosystem (comprised of the JHub, JHubMed & MilTech HQ) delivers Advantage Through Innovation to the Joint Force, by re-purposing or combining existing technologies and processes available elsewhere in the Defence and civil sectors.
The JHub finds and attracts world class technology and talent to solve problems, rapidly connecting them with JFC users to experiment, test and co-develop prototypes. Established off-site in contemporary offices in East London`s Tech City in Aldgate, the jHub is atypical by design and located at the heart of UK FinTech innovation. In the past 18 months, the JHub has run 27 pilots of innovative new capabilities, and had 18 of these pilots approved for funding/integration into wider Defence.
As well as the experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec/more information. Thank you
£25k - £30k Annual
£20k - £23k Annual