Accounts Receivable Officer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: £20,684 - £25,282 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 per week
Location: Head Office, South Manchester
Benefits: Competitive pension, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing with service, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans for public transport plus much more.
About the role:
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Team leader, the Accounts Receivable Officer will provide a professional accounting function to Great Places Housing Group by processing sales ledger invoices and rent payments.
Actively manage receipt of and upload / post rent schedules from local authorities; Posting all sales ledger receipts through the core financial systems and other rent related receipts and refunds through the core housing system. Investigating and resolving rent or sales ledger queries; to manage customer changes ensuring checks are undertaken to verify changes.
- Process sales invoices through the core financial system.
- Work towards a completely paperless service.
- To regularly run an aged debtor and ensure all balances are actively chased by the debt owner.
- Ensure statements are remitted, and electronically as far as practicable.
- Complete rent write ons as required (reversal of a write off).
- Identify improvements and report them to the Accounts Receivable Team leader.
- Contacting any customers who pay by cheque and requesting electronic payments.
- To open and distribute the wider team’s post on a rota basis with other AP and AR team members.
- Investigating items posted to suspense accounts and reallocating them to the correct tenant’s account.
- Work towards all housing benefit schedules being uploaded automatically by regular communication with local authorities.
- Run the rent interfaces between the core housing and financial systems are completed and fully reconciled on a periodic basis.
- Prompt scanning and filing of documents as required.
- Raise intercompany invoices, including development income and arrange prompt settlement.
- Qualified to minimum GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and maths.
- Use of full range of Microsoft Office, with specific knowledge in Excel.
- Ability to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner when working under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Effective liaison with staff / other stakeholders to give information / find information / resolve problems.
- Organisation and ability to time-manage work load.
- Able to deliver a high standard of customer service.
- The ability to develop and project a positive image of Great Places through personal, written and oral skills.
- An ability to work in uncertainty.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative.
- Professional and value led with integrity, inclusivity and respect for diversity.
- Commitment to work in partnership with others for the benefit of Great Places.
- Ability to work flexibly and when needed outside normal working hours.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Assistant, Finance Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Receivable Assistant, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Receivable Clerk, etc.
About our company:
Great Places Housing Group is not your average housing association. We are a forward-thinking, profit-for-purpose business that works hard to improve the lives of residents in our 19,000 homesacross the North West and Yorkshire.
Our work doesn’t stop at our customers’ front door. The surplus we make is invested back into the business to fund building new homes and to provide a full range of support services for some of the most vulnerable members of society including the homeless, young parents, older people and those with mental health needs.
We are extremely proud of our dedicated, passionate and friendly colleagues who live our values and work hard to make a difference every day. Working for us you will be part of something special and in return, we offer a competitive package with a range of enhanced benefits, and learning and development opportunities to help you achieve and exceed your potential.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application