Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
A global organisation is looking for a Solution Architect. The reason for this contract is to cover the remainder of Maternity leave. This will be a four month contract possibly six. This will be working Monday to Friday office hours and paying up to £600 per day dependant on proven experience
This might be based in Slough or Leeds location to be confirmed
About the role:
The Solutions Architect sits within the Pre Sales Enablement team and is responsible for capturing the customer requirements, designing and proposing robust, supportable and fit-for-purpose solutions that help shape a Customer’s architecture and strategy. The Solution Architect will support the sales community translating business need into high level solution design for complex environments. This will additionally include solutions with regards to new commercial partnerships and business-driven data requirements. The Solutions Architect will also work closely with other Solution team members on complex designs for new customers’ services and product/concept development.
Day to day responsibilities:
* Work closely with customers, account teams and the wider team to understand and help define a customer’s project requirements, leading consultative business lead discussions
* Engage on complex opportunities to act as the overall design authority, holding ownership for the complete end to end solution
* Designing end-to-end solutions across multiple technologies that are encompassed within Wifi and the wider group. This includes leading virtual teams and partners to pull together the overall messaging and solutions
* Presenting end-to-end solutions to all stakeholders including representation of any available options together with the associated commercial models.
* To act as “Design Authority” for the end-to-end solutions.
* Be an innovations driver within the Proof of Concept development team.
* Solid experience in leading complex opportunities, across a broad range of ICT technologies, specifically, Wi-Fi, WAN, broadband and 3G/4G Back-up solutions, aligned with the strategic needs of the business
* Established and successful in a commercial environment, with evident experience in a Customer-facing solutions role and the understanding of engineering, sales principles and practices, and Network design necessary to translate customer requirements into strategic proposals, clearly articulating the range of possible solutions and mindful of strategic development needs of their business.
* Demonstrable capability and confidence in communicating with senior management up to and including IT Management and/or IT Director
* Solution design experience and detailed vendor portfolio knowledge around of the following:-
* WAN design (architectures, CPE and Carrier Services)
* Routing & Switching (LAN,WAN, WiFi - technologies and products)
* Contact Centre solution design including business application integration
* Security solutions – primarily network based but a good understanding of generic security policy and how to interpret this into solution design
* Managed Service Solutions including elements covered in ITIL service
* A good understanding of ITIL Service Management and appreciation of compliancy, governance, ISO accreditations, Government IT strategies (PSN) and Government Security Levels – SC, etc.
* A good understanding of Managed Services portfolio’s and Service Catalogue’s.
* Strong skills in: Customer Care; Time Management; Presentation skills; Communications (oral &written) IT applications.
* A strong appreciation for commercial models and requirements.
Must have to be considered:
* Qualifications, which are essential to the role
* Relevant experience, which is essential to the role
* Minimum essential training Cisco Ruckus and HP Aruba
£65k - £70k Annual
£70k - £80k Annual
£90k - £110k Annual