Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
As the Credit Controller you will:
* Chase overdue payments via telephone, email, statement and letter.
* Reconciliation of customer payments.
* Accurately maintain ledgers.
* Ensure processes are maintained & performed accurately and in accordance with policy.
* Perform month end processes where required with completion of reporting requirements.
* Consistently provide high level of service to external & internal customers.
* React confidently to challenges.
* Work politely with customers to secure payment of outstanding sundry debts by communicating over the telephone, email, letters, etc.
* Use judgement, knowledge of legislation and best practice to use the most effective manner to obtain payment or security for the debt.
* In accordance with agreed procedures, to trace debtors using external tracing agents, data bases, etc.
* Liaise with the external debt collectors.
* Take the lead in working with the most challenging customers to support them and influence their payment behaviour and negotiate payments.
* Issue the appropriate notice to a debtor prior to passing to an external debt collector and liaising with them regarding action required and monitor progress.
The successful Credit Controller will have:
* A proven track record of successfully collecting debt and have worked in a similar role for at least 3 years and the wider accounts & finance function.
* Confident negotiating skills.
* Be PC literate
Credit Controller - Benefits
* 25 days holiday pa + bank holidays
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)