Planning & Materials Control Manager
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Are you an expert user of SAP with a background in project planning and material control? Do you have a specialism in creating and maintaining BOMs in a manufacturing environment?
If so then please see the responsibilities below required for a Planning and Materials Control Manager which could well be of interest. The key tasks of this role include:
- Maintaining and managing inventories required to support all operational needs
- Creating and maintaining production BOMs ensuring that all changes are made when needed
- Ensure on time parts delivery to the manufacturing facility in accordance with the master production schedule
- Put in place KPIs to allow performance management of the material control function
- Creating, identifying and managing a visible parts shortage status document to be uploaded daily for both internal and external parts
- Organise the stores area to deliver service level needs of the business
This company are a provider of mechanical engineering products to a number of safety critical industries including all major forms of transportation. The business employ over 10,000 staff across the world and have over 80 sites across the world making them a truly outstanding business to work for.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- A detailed understanding of planning and materials control ideally within a mechanical engineering environment
- You must have experience of both SAP and MRP systems. You be a super-user of SAP R3 with a sizeable knowledge of bill of materials
- You will be experienced in practical risk management and governance processes
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- A university degree or comparable vocational education
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application
£42k - £47k Annual