Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: £40k plus benefits
A local precision machining company who supplies parts to the Aerospace and Automotive Industry require a Production Manager to join their team.
Production Manager - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
Lead the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards. Full accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met. Responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Manage the team on best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading teams. Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
PRODUCTION MANAGER - POSITION ACTIVITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy and Development
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
General and Task Management
- Effectively and efficiently plan & manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations, minimising costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times
- Effectively manage NPI production requirements and maintain details project plans.
- Responsible for plant production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities
- Ensure the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis
- Update the production plan on a daily basis
- Communicate and liaise with other departmental managers regarding throughput of stock to ensure production targets are met
- Drive process improvements on Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) by appropriate data analysis
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors
Production Manager - Job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Production Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Excellent leadership and man- management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Commercial and Financial acumen
For more information please call Paul Gorton on (phone number removed).
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update
£40k - £40k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£42k - £43k Annual