Nesting and Manufacturing Support
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
- To have ownership of the nesting of parts for laser cutting, ensuring that it is done in a timely and efficient manner.
- To assist in production with the order fulfilment process as required.
Quality, Cost, Delivery & Safety (QCDS) responsibilities:
- Quality: Reduce defects found in nesting and production
- Cost: Optimise sheet usage based on a maximum of 5 designs per batch
- Delivery: Produce nested sheets and complete product processes on or before the MPS issue date
- Safety: Ensure you know that the process, tools and capacities utilised to manufacture a chosen design, allow for the job to be completed without compromising safety
Key Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding and awareness through working with and communicating with colleagues
- GCode and nest detailed design components using available software in accordance with the MPS
- Work with others to identify and implement improvements
- Liaise with internal and/or external resources as required
- Raise in SAP project specific requirements to produce designs
- Assist in producing documentation required by customers
- Provide support to other functions as required. This will include laser operation, insulation and fabrication
- Support new product, method or processes required to meet design/manufacturing requirements.
- Ensure SAP transactions and applicable data is accurate and maintained timely.
- Maintain the principles of 5S in the areas used to conduct your duties.
- Never compromise your safety, or that of anyone else. If you see or feel a situation may compromise safety, STOP and address.
Knowledge, Skill or Ability required:
- An awareness of CAD software. An ability to operate the laser. An ability to carry out fabrication/sheet metal work.
Call Jack on (phone number removed) to discuss further
£30k - £50k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£20k - £22k Annual