Field Service Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
The role of Service Engineer is customer facing which involves visiting general public in their homes as well as NHS and care homes. The main remit will be to carry out repairs and servicing of all Sidhil, Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare and competitor’s equipment as well as installing, collecting or exchanging equipment as requested.
The role is very manual so good manual handling skills are essential (e.g. moving equipment, working in cramped or restricted positions). Driving is a major part of the role so good driving skills and attention for detail is required. The role can be emotional with mental stress as you are dealing with customers that are ill and family members that are under considerable strain. The environment and working conditions can vary as you will be going into people’s homes.
Due to the nature of this role all applicants are subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service formally CRB) check.
Hours of Work
Hours of work are 8.30 am to 5.00 pm working an average of 38.33 per week with a 50 minute unpaid lunch break each day.
The role will ideally suit someone that has a flexible outlook on hours to be worked. There will be a requirement to go on to an ‘on call’ rota and there may also be a requirement to work overtime on occasion. In return we will give you a competitive package.
* A competitive rate will be paid to the successful applicant dependent on skills and experience. Plus on call and overtime
* A company van with tools, credit card and telephone will be provided
* Auto-enrolment pension with an employer contribution after a deferred period
* 34 days annual holidays including bank holidays which increases with length of service
* Free onsite parking
* BUPA Cash Plan
* Company Sick pay after qualifying period
* Profit related pay after qualifying period
Service Engineer | Engineer | Medical | Field Based | Healthcare
* Technical skills within a health care environment e.g. hospital beds and medical products
* Excellent customer service skills
* The ability to deal with and anticipate problems
* Ability to trouble shoot and resolve issues within adequate timescales
* Flexibility in relation to hours and location of work
Drive DeVilbiss is one of the leading manufacturers and distributors of durable medical products in the world today, with manufacturing and distribution centres in the UK, Ireland, United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, Australia, Romania, Taiwan.
Closing date is Monday 24 June 2019 but may be closed earlier if there are enough applications received; applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer
£30k - £34k Annual
£26k - £26k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual
£28k - £30k Annual