Motorcycle Project Engineer (Chassis)
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Role context and purpose:
Our client is looking for talented Engineers to join their Chassis team based in our client's state of the art Technology Centre. The role forms part of the wider Chassis team, taking the lead on specific projects and components, helping to shape the future product portfolio. We are looking for people with experience of defining major components, assemblies and systems from concept to production, ensuring fulfillment of product attributes and requirements against targets. Candidates should be able to apply and propagate design and development experience throughout the projects and manage the workload and technical development of a small group of engineers, assisting the Team Leader in effectively managing the team.
● Manage key aspects of new model development such as ABS.
● Ownership and coordination of major vehicle development and testing activities.
● Manage a small team (1-3 people) of Design Engineers.
● Plan and oversee the delivery of many major chassis subassemblies or systems within the requirements of the company's New Product Introduction (NPI) system.
● Design systems and components for new and updated chassis projects, considering function, cost, manufacture, assembly and quality.
● Produce good quality 3D CAD models using Pro-Engineer.
● Produce good quality 2D engineering drawings.
● Follow and help maintain design, operational and quality procedures.
● Produce supporting documentation for designs, as required.
● Liaise with internal departments such as, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality and Assembly.
● Liaise with external international suppliers.
● Manage time and workload effectively.
● Represent the design team or PD department in interdepartmental meetings in the absence of the team leader.
● May manage the delivery of a derivative motorcycle.
● Assist in drafting & updating design and development procedures.
● Should be able to demonstrate good time management and excellent knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
● Should be able demonstrate technical leadership and coaching skills.
● Be able to manage the technical requirements of multiple chassis systems simultaneously.
● Educational qualifications
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline. Minimum of 2:1 required.
- Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably Pro-engineer.
- Extensive experience in engineering design of components and subassemblies, ideally within the motorcycle industry.
- Excellent understanding of design requirements for mass production manufacturing
- Extensive experience of whole product lifecycle, from concept through to production.
- Significant experience of creating and releasing 2D technical drawings.
- Understanding of application of geometric tolerances on 2D drawings.
- Good understanding of motorcycle chassis layout and construction.
- Planning and delivery of small projects including budgeting and resource management.
- Previous experience of managing small teams (1-2 people) and their workloads.
- Experience in designing to Regulatory requirements as applied to motorcycles.
- Practical experience of vehicle maintenance and preparation is advantageous.
This position is being offered as a long term contract OR permanent role.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment agency.
Premea is a specialist recruitment consultancy representing clients in the UK and internationally within the Automotive, Motorsport and Aerospace sectors